Sunday, November 5, 2017

The Evolving Dream


To sleep so deep
I could hardly keep
One night in the clouds

My thoughts in line or square or right
First they’d walk 
then talk 
then they’d leap with fright

A peanut on the side
turned into a wave of a fuzzy race
Where I would ride
On an elephant’s face

The elephant would begin to ask
All about my purple pants
And how they wouldn’t last
At the fish under the sea dance

The fish could talk and sing and cry
Tears falling into my bucket
Until the water spilled over with a sigh
The catfish barked away the apple’s eye

“I” caught the eye and began to say
“am ever so fine”
The fox turned to Hulk and ask
To change the channel into wine

As the wine slowly dripped 
From his broken hand
I lost a nail and in a jam
Grabbed the ball and slammed

The peanut came back to jump and sing
I rode along to see
If my pillow would wait for a sip

Cause my mouth tasted salty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where a wall will be

Every night I wake up in the dark My shoulder’s uneasy while I sleep If I let the other shoulder bear the load Then I can sleep again...