Sunday, November 5, 2017

Later

I’ve got nothing left to tell her
She’s got nothing left to say
I want to ask another question
But I think she’d walk away

So I smile and say “Thank you!!”
For all the good times and the bad”
She says “I’m sorry but that’s my answer
For all the hope you ever had”

Don’t tell me that you’re sorry
Don’t tell me that you care
You are leaving me lonely
In the wild world out there.

Three months have come and gone
Since we’ve been apart
I don’t miss it and I don’t cry
I’m quite proud of my heart

But truly I still feel pain
Not for the lonely walk I ride
But for the sure look in her eye
That refused to be by my side

I’ve got no dirty secrets
Not from the world that I have seen
She was the princess on the pea

But I’m looking for a queen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where a wall will be

Every night I wake up in the dark My shoulder’s uneasy while I sleep If I let the other shoulder bear the load Then I can sleep again...